Department of CSE in association of Computer Society of India(CSI) organised one day workshop on "Development of Web Application using web Technology" on 11th April 2016. The resource person Mr. Prasanna Kumara System Analyst, Health & Welfare Department of Govt. of Karnataka conducted talk on various Web Technology Languages.
- IIPC, Dept of CS&E organised one day workshop on “Big Data and Analytics” on 27th February 2016 by Prof.Namratha Padiyar and Staff Coordinators. The resource person Mr. Shashanka G.K Team Leader and Partner of EZ technology Mangaluru, conducted talk on Importance of “Big Data and analytics” followed by hands on session on Hadoop Map reducing Technique and R-programming Tool. There are 72students participated.
- The TWO day workshop (14/10/2015 & 15/10/2015) was Inaugurated on 14/10/2015 10.00 am by Dr. Ganesh Bhat, Principal, CEC.The workshop was open to faculty and M.Tech students and SEXTEEN participants have attended the workshop.The workshop was for TWO days with both theory and hands on sessions to “Implementation of Web Services.
- IIPC, of Department of Computer science and Engineering, organized Talk on “Software project management” on 1st October 2015. The resource person Mr. Mohandas Shenoy software analyst Softwaresector,Dubai conducted talk on Importance of “software project management” talk extended with different methodologies of software Development,Documentation,Risk management, followed by questionnaires, There are 140 students participated for the following Talk.
A weeklong (SIX Days) faculty development programme (FDP) on "Research: Methodology, Process and Tools" commenced at Seminar Hall, Canara Engineering College (CEC) Bantwal here on Monday January 18. Dr. K Chandrasekaran, Dean – Research and Consultancy, National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK), Mangalore inaugurated the FDP.
The workshop is organized for 2nd year PG students of all colleges affiliated to VTU Belgaum, to enlighten the skills on LaTeX tools and avoiding Plagiarism. Around 79 students from various surrounding engineering colleges have participated in the workshop. The workshop is inaugurated by Chief Guest Dr. Ganesh V Bhat Principal, CEC followed by Dr. Demian Antony D’Mello HOD Dept. of CSE.
- The new name SPECS and logo for the Departmental Association inauguration is held on 7th November 2014 by our Principal, Prof. T. N. Shanubhogue and Logo unvelied by Dr. Mohit P Tahiliani, Dept. of CSE, NITK Surathkal.
- A Workshop on "Network Simulator – 3" for UG & PG students on 7th November 2014. This workshop is inaugurated by the chief guest Dr. Mohit P Tahiliani, Dept. of CSE, NITK Surathkal followed by Pricipal, Dr. Demian A D’Mello HOD & Workshop Chief Cordinator, Mr. Basappa B Kodada and Sudheer Barker, Workshop Coordinators and Mr. Ashish and Team Student Association.
- Branch entry program for the students of second year CS on 20/08/2014.
Chief guest for the day was Dr. Annappa, CS HOD from NITK,Suratkal accompanied by the CS Head of Department Dr.Demian Antony D’mello, chief coordinator Mr. Basappa B Kodada, student association president Mr. Amith Prabhu and student association secretary Mr. Abhishek V Kamath.
- Technical talk on "Big Data Analytics" by Prof. Annappa B, Assoc. Professor, NITK Surathkal on 20th August 2014.