DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGINEERING
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- Graduates will work productively as computer science engineers exhibiting ethical qualities and leadership roles in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Graduates will adapt to the changing technologies, tools and societal requirements.
- Graduates will design and deploy software that meets the needs of individuals and the industries
Graduates will take up higher education and/or be associated with the field so that they can keep themselves abreast of Research & Development
Engineering graduates in Computer Science and Engineering will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods, including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Select/Create and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities, taking comprehensive cognizance of their limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the relevant scientific and/or engineering practices.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society-at-large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work as a member and leader in a team to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for and above have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadcast context of technological changes.
- Computer System Design: Ability to apply the knowledge of computer system design principles in building system software and hardware components.
- Computer Communication and Internet Applications: Ability to apply knowledge of layered network Models, their protocols and technologies in building network and Internet based applications.
- Solve Computational Problems: Apply the theoretical foundations of computer science in modeling and developing solutions to the real world problems.
- Software System Design and Development: Design and develop the application software systems that meet the automation needs of society and industry.