- Prof. Raghuveera H, Sr. Lecturer, Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department, Canara Engineering College was a resource person in "Entrepreneurship Awareness Programme" on 3rd Nov 2015 held at M V Shetty Institute of technology, Moodabidre. He delivered a talk on ‘Entrepreneur, Entrepreneurship and Enterprise’.
- Dr. Rajalakshmi Samaga B L was appointed as a member, Board of Examiners, E&E Board, Visvesvaraya Technical University for academic year 2014-2015.
- Dr. Rajalakshmi Samaga B L was appointed as a member, LIC, Visvesvaraya Technical University for academic year 2013-2014.
- Ms. Prathibha M scored Excellent grade in Accelerated ANIIT – Software Engineering curriculum conducted by The Academic Council of NIIT.
- Mr. Anantha Krishna Kamath qualified the GATE 2014 with a score of 386.
Technical Papers Published/ Presented
- Mr. Divyesh Divakarpublished a paper titled "DESIGN OF LOW POWER MULTIPLIERS" in International Journal of Advanced Research in Engineering & Management (IJAREM), Volume 1, Issue 8, November 2015. Co authors were Gowtham Pavanaskar, Rakesh Kamath.R, Rashmi, Naveena.
- Ms. Akshatha Bhat presented a paper titled "Study of Maximum Power Point Tracker Techniques for PV System with Positive Buck-boost Converter" at the 7th National Conference on Advances in Energy Conversion Technologies held during January 23-24, 2015 organized by Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal.
- Dr. Rajalakshmi Samaga BL published a paper titled "Invetigation into Effect of Inclined Air Gap Eccentricity on dq components of stator currents in Induction Motor", in International Journal of Electrical Engineering, Romania, Volume 14 / 2014 Edition 3. Co-author was Dr.K.P.Vittal, NITK, Surathkal.
- Mr. Anantha Krishna Kamath attended 3 days workshop on "Research Methodologies at NMAMIT, Nitte from 2nd to 4th September, 2015.
- Mrs.Swathi K attended 5 days workshop on Signals and Systems at VCET, puttur from 20th to 24th August 2015.
- Mr. Vinod Kumar B and Ms. Akshatha Bhat attended International Symposim on " Advances in Power Distribution Engineering: Distributed Generation, Micro Grid and Renewable Integration" at NIE, Mysore on 28th and 29th August 2015.
- Mr. Anantha Krishna Kamath and Mr. Divyesh Divakar attended eSIM Faculty Meet at IIT, Bombay on 22nd August 2015.
- Ms.Prathibha M attended a workshop on "FPGA and ASIC design using Mentor Graphics Tools" at Dr.M.V.Shetty Institute of Technology, Moodbidri on 13th and 14th August, 2015.
- All faculty members attended one day workshop on "Inverter Design" at Canara Engineering College on 5th May, 2015.
- Alistair Julias Lasrado, Vishal Ran ,Aboobaker Siddiq (6th semester EEE) and Shreesha Nakshatri(2nd Semester EEE) under the guidance of Divyesh Divakar, Assistant professor, Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department have successfully developed 8X8 LED MATRIX SNAKE GAME USING SHIFT REGISTERS.
- Pawan Shetty, Pawan S and Anuj of 4th semester were runners up in treasure hunt event in Varnothsava 2017 – A Intercollege techno cultural fest held at Shri Madhwa Vadiraja Institute of Technology and Management, Bantakal, Udupi.
- Sweedal and Smruthi of 4th sem won first prize in ‘Wrap in Scrap’ competition and Dheeraj of 4th sem secured 2nd prize in photography contest at National level fest – Design Fiesta 2K17 held at Karavali Group of Institutions, Mangaluru.
- Nithesh Nayak of 8th sem won state award for IEEE outstanding student volunteer for the year 2016.
- Ms.Akshatha Mallya, Ms.Anjali Shetty, Mr.Floyd James Sequeria, Ms.Srigowri Hebbar of VI semester and Mr. Divyesh Divakar, Assistant Professor, published a paper titled Finite State Machine Serial Adder in International Journal of Latest Technology in Engineering, Management & Applied Science, Volume V, Issue IV, April 2016, ISSN No. 2278-2540.
Mr. Rakesh Kamath of VIII Semester and Mr.Floyd James Sequeira, Ms. Akshatha A Mallya,Ms. Anjali Shetty B, Ms. Sri Gowri and Ms.D Nikhila of VI semester participated in National Robotics Championship held at IIT Bombay from 1st April to 3rd April and performed well to get qualified for the final
- Gowtham Pavanaskar, Rakesh Kamath.R, Rashmi, Naveena, published a paper titled "DESIGN OF LOW POWER MULTIPLIERS" in International Journal of Advanced Research in Engineering & Management (IJAREM), Volume 1, Issue 8, November 2015. Co author was Divyesh Divakar.
- Floyd James Sequiera and Nithish Nayak of 3rd year presented a paper on "Recycling of E-Waste for Development of Broadband Radar Absorbing Material" in UGC sponsored National Conference on "E-waste Management-Challenges and Opportunities" at Canara Degree College on 3rd September 2015.
- Akshatha Mallya, Anjali Shetty and Floyd Sequira of third year bagged 2nd place in National Robotics Championship (Zonal) held at KPT on 26th and 27th August 2015. In the same competition 3rd place was won by Srigowri and Nikhila D of 3rd year.
- Seven final year students attended a National level conference on "Power Systems and Industrial Automation" which was held at GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 22nd August 2015. The team comprising of Suhas K, Pavan Nayak and Jaidev J presented the paper on "Distributed Generation System a prototype". Then the team of Ganesh Shetty, Priyanka Pai, Prakhyath D and Deekshitha Aithal presented the paper on "Mixer application using PLC". The papers are published in the journal-International Journal for Computer Applications (IJCA).
The final year project during the year 2014-15 titled Remote controlled tree climbing machine by Chandrakanth Shenoy, Arpith Kumar, Loyal Rayan and Manoj Kumar guided by Prof. H Raghuveera was adjudged as one of the outstanding projects of the year and was selected for the Project of the Year award, under Student Project Programme (SPP) of Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology during the seminar and exhibition held at sahyadri college of Engineering and Management, Mangalore on 20th and 21st August 2015.