The department of Mechanical Engineering was started in the year 2004 with a sole aim to impart quality education to students in the field of Mechanics, Thermal Engineering, Manufacturing, Material Science, Design, Management and Maintenance of mechanical systems and interdisciplinary areas like Mechatronics, CAD/CAM, Automation, and Control Engineering. The department is equipped with well furnished classrooms with LCD projectors, and department Library.
- Bench Vice
- Leg Vice
- Arc welding machine
- Fitting tools
- Sheet metal tools
- Welding tools.
- 81 computers with high end configurations
- installed Solid Edge Software.
- Milling machines
- Drilling machines
- Grinding machines
- shaping machine
- CNC Lathes.
- Permeability tester
- Sand siever
- Moisture content testing machine
- different types of Dies
- Moulding boxes.
- Rockwell Hardness Tester
- Impact Tester
- Wear tester
- Universal Testing Machine
- Micro hardness tester
- Heat Treatment Furnace.
- Calibration of Thermocouple
- Load Cell
- LVDT Amplifier
- Gear Tooth Vernier Caliper
- Bore Dial Gauge
- Sine Bar/Sine Center
- Slip gauges.
- Francis Turbine Test Rig
- Kaplan Turbine Test Rig
- Pelton Wheel Test Rig
- Gear Pump Test Rig
- Impact of Jet on vane Test Rig
- Friction in Pipes Test Rig
- Single Stage Centrifugal Pump Test Rig
- Multistage Centrifugal Pump Test Rig
- V-Notch, Venturimeter, Orifice meter
- Blower, Compressor.
- Bomb Calorimeter/Boys Calorimeter, Orsat Apparatus
- Cloud and Pour Point Apparatus
- Abel Pensky Flash and Fire Point Apparatus
- Pensky Martin Flash and Fire Point Apparatus
- Redwood Viscometer, Saybolt Viscometer
- Torsion Viscometer
- Air cooled and water cooled Petrol Engines
- Diesel Engines, Variable Compression Engine
- Twin Cylinder Diesel Engine (Morse Test), Planimeter.
- Forced Convection Apparatus, Pin-fin Apparatus
- Free or Natural Convection Apparatus
- Parallel flow and Counter flow Heat Exchangers
- Thermal Conductivity Apparatus
- Stefan Boltzman Apparatus, Emissivity Apparatus
- Heat Flux Measurement
- Vapour Compression Refrigeration Apparatus
- Air Conditioning Test Rig.
- Gyroscopic Set up, Journal Bearing Test Rig
- Equipment for studying Whirling of Shaft
- Static and Dynamic Balancing Machine
- Porter and Hartnell Governor
- Pressure Variation Measurement Equipment
- Torque Measurement Equipment, Strain Rosettes.
- G35 Computers with EdgeCAM and CADEM softwares installed.
- Implement ‘Technical Training Programme’, a proprietary teaching and education programme in Engineering and Technology
- Provide training and education to students and faculty members of Institutes and Engineering Colleges.
- Hands-on practical sessions on the most scientific way of repair, maintenance and servicing of vehicles
- Create research facilities
- Organise Student training program (STP),workshops and seminars.
- CNC Turning center – Jobber Junior (ACE Designers Ltd.)
- CNC Vertical Machining Center – VM 300 (TAL Manufacturing Solution Ltd.)
In this lab students study about various tools, fitting work, sheet metal work and welding.
Computer Aided Engineering Drawing Lab
This lab with high end computers and drafting package is devoted for training first year students in computer aided drafting.
Computer Aided Machine Drawing Lab
In this lab students study about 2-D and 3-D Drawings of fasteners like bolt and nut, couplings, Keys and joints, rivets, thread forms and 3-D assembly drawings of different Machine Elements.
In this lab students study about various machining operations using Lathe, drilling, milling, shaping, grinding machines.
Foundry and Forging Lab
In this lab students study about various foundry and forging process, measurement of various parameters of foundry sand etc.
Metallography and Material Testing Lab
In this lab students study about various properties of metals using testing equipments like Universal Testing Machine, Hardness Testing Machines, Wear Testing Machine, Impact Testing Machine, Metallographic Studies etc.
Mechanical Measurements and Metrology Lab
This lab covers study of various measuring methods, equipments and tools used in Industries.
Fluid Mechanics and Machinery Lab
This lab covers the study of various performance characteristics, measurements of flow using various methods and instruments.
Energy Conversion Engineering Lab
This lab deals with the study of various performance characteristics of Internal Combustion Engines like 2 stroke, 4 stroke petrol, diesel engines, analysis and other tests related to energy conversion engineering.
Heat and Mass Transfer Lab
This lab deals with the study of various performance characteristics of Heat and Mass Transfer equipments like Air Conditioner, Refrigeration, Heat flow analysis etc.
This lab deals with the study of various design aspects like Vibration, Balancing, Whirling of Shaft, Bearings, Gyroscopic Systems, Physical Stress Analysis Methods etc.
Computer Aided Modeling and Analysis Lab
In this lab students are taught how to do Finite Element Analysis for any structural members which are exposed to different types of load like, Axial, Transverse & inclined Load, Temperature in the material, Stress analysis and Vibration analysis.
35 Computers with Ansys V12 software installed.
Computer Integrated Manufacturing Lab:
In this lab students learn about how to write CNC part programming of turning, drilling and milling operations and to do Simulation. Using CAM software to create model and do sequence of machining operation and generate CNC part program.
The Department has also initiated Dissection lab of which the main objectives are:
CNC Hands-on Lab
In this lab in addition to regular curriculum the students will learn to write program and execute the sameon machines for several turning operations like plain, step, groove, contour turning, external thread cutting and drilling in CNC Turning Center. Similarly face milling, slot milling end milling, pocket milling and contour milling operations inCNC Vertical Machining Center.
Advanced Materials Lab
Material Science is one of the prime importance field in mechanical engineering. Microstructure and hardness are important properties which govern the behaviour of materials. The current laboratory syllabus is designed to improve the technical skill of students in material microstructure and micro-Vicker's hardness study.